Thursday 2 October 2014

KitKat Update for Asus Zenfone

I have always enjoyed getting updates for my Android system and the news of KitKat 4.4 being released to the Asus mobile phone family is out great news. It is believed that the Asus ZenFone 5 (A501CG)ZenFone 6 (A601CG) as well as the ZenFone 4 (A400CG) users for China and Taiwan have started to receive this update.

Image source: gadgets.ndtv.com

The KitKat update is pretty huge and it is advisable to use WiFi to download the file which is approximately 450MB. So for the proud owners of the Asus Zenfone, do check from time to time for this update. You can browse to Settings > About > System Update > Check Update.

I checked for updates a while ago on the Asus Zenfone 5 and there was an update available. I do trust the updates that are being released to my phone as I'm comfortable and eager to have them. Well at times these update might cause a problem but I'm always lucky!




So I installed the update and the phone rebooted with the latest update from Asus. I checked again to see if I was lucky to get KitKat but I'm still stuck with the Android version 4.3. I'll check again in a month's time to see if KitKat has been released.