Sunday 21 September 2014

Maxis Fibre Experience

Imagine what will happen if the broadband is down! I believe a lot of people will be complaining and some won't be able to live through their daily life normally. 

Since the late 90s where we were introduced to the internet, we have grown more and more fond of it and it has definitely became a part of our lives! There is a lot of options for us these days and even more for us living in Klang Valley. 


I subcribed to the Unifi VIP 5 and it was much better than the previous streamyx line. With 5Mbps, surfing was much smoother and you can imagine how it would help if you were to watch youtube videos,  download and share some files over the internet. All these could be performed with ease and not forgetting speedy too.

However as time goes by, the 5Mbps line becomes pretty much standard for every household to own one. The used to be fast internet line became the acceptable speed and you would be craving for more speed. I decided to try the maxis fibre line which is 10Mbps for the same amount that I would pay the other time.


The installers got the line ready for me last Friday and so far all seems well. Certain websites seem to be loading up pretty slow and that might be contributed by the fault in the AAG submarine cable which is causing the massive internet slowdown.


The download speed for the Windows 8.1 update wasn't as good as I would have expected. I think it might be affected by those AAG submarine cables somehow or another. I guess I shall be patient for now and check out the speeds that I would be getting once those submarine cables have been fixed.


I checked my speed and it's pretty acceptable for now. I shall be testing out the internet line further and hopefully in the near future, we get faster lines and cheaper prices! I know it might be tough but it all starts with a thought! Happy surfing!